“How to Put an End to Back Pain and Stiffness Without Pain Pills and Preventing Surgeries and Shots. Get Back to Living an Active Pain Free Life!”
If you’ve got lower back pain, stiffness or an ache – it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as having just “slept awkwardly”, or that it’s just a “spasm” or a bit of stiffness that “everyone” your age suffers from…
There’s no obvious reason why it happened – but it doesn’t seem to be shifting!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Lower Back Pain and Sciatica is THE most common problem that we see at Exercise Therapy of Kansas City. And when it comes to living with back pain, everybody we see wants to know
“Why is This Happening to Me?”…
“Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain After Putting Up With It For 6 Months (Maybe More)?
Most people think that when they get Back Pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if back pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with back pain – often even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our therapy clinic in Overland Park is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and explains why so many people aged 50+ are suffering with chronic lower back pain.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Why else does back pain last longer than it should do? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice – but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something – like lifting or sleeping awkwardly – but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your l
ower back to become weak and the lifting of the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing – back pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Back Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
- 1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
- 2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help your back, and as soon as they wore off chronic Back pain struck again
- 3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Back pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
- 4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or physical therapist or chiropractor in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
- 5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your Back pain ten times worse
- 6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Back pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
- 7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
- 8. You are focused on the symptoms and not the overall problem.
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our therapist at our Overland Park therapy clinic to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.